Sunday, November 16, 2008

Stick shift........

I haven't driven a stick shift vehicle in a long time. The last time I drove one it was an old (I think '91) Geo Storm. It was a really good car, mostly because of it's manual transmission, but I really liked it. It wasn't much to look at but secretely I hoped that one day it would be mine, as it was mom's at the time. Unfortunately one night as I was brining Mel home from her job I was sitting at a red light on a busy arterial when the car just... died. I thought well that's odd because I didn't kill it, as it was in neutral. So I turned the key... several times... but still no turn over. I was like well this sucks so I flipped on my emergency lights and attempted to decide what to do. I had heard of push starting but there wasn't much of a hill anywhere and I didn't really know how at the time. Just then the light turns green and the cars behind me start honking, (can't they see my emergency blinkers?) After a while they got tired of that so they decided to pass me. Then a crime preventation vehicle pulls up behind me with it's lights flashing and they kindly pushed me into a parking lot, (I was extremely grateful.) So anyway after we got the car towed home we found out that the engine was seized up because of a loose timing belt or something like that and we had to donate the car. All that just to tell you that it has been a long time since I drove a manual and I really miss it. 

1 comment:

Mrs. H said...

wow that's like a ton of fun getting pushed around by the emergency guys